Image Map

Office Remodel Updates and To Do list

Woohoo! Happy Friday friends! Another work week conquered! I actually have some work to catch up on this weekend, so unfortunately I can't celebrate yet. Waaaaah. But I realized that I haven't posted any updates on how my office remodel is going along. As I've mentioned before, it's been a crazy year, and past couple of months especially, so this has taken way longer to finish than I anticipated. I'm actually kind of enjoying the slow process though and making sure that I love every item that I bring into my space. 

I didn't really decorate for halloween, but I did add a few autumnal touches with pumpkins. I don't think I've ever mentioned this, but I REALLY love pumpkins.



I wish I had taken a before photo to show you how far this room has come. The walls were originally an awful pink color and the floors were covered in burgundy carpet. It was a disaster. I chose classic white walls to keep my shelf wall that I envisioned from looking too cluttered and to make the room brighter. I am not a morning person, but having lots of natural light in a room helps wonders on those groggy mornings.

I decided on faux wood flooring because I hate carpet and didn't want to invest too much money into the room since I don't know how long I will have this space. It was a big time money saver, and I'm so glad I went this route.



The art pieces were done by me and were so relaxing to make that I think everybody will be getting some for Christmas from me. Even the boyfriend kept remarking as I was making them that he wanted to try one out himself.


I designed this room around two objects, one of which is this overdyed pink rug. I was dying to have a space where I could incorporate it, but most of m other decor is more muted greys and whites. I like to have pops of color in my office, however, because they draw so much creativity out of me and keep me excited. The items that originally inspired me and where I drew my color palette from, though, are a couple of agate slices in rich jewel tones. We had just gone on a wonderful vacation to gold country here in California and visited several caves where I picked up several of those agate slices and from there my vision began.

Color Palette
My original design

Check Out my Inspiration Board on Pinterest too

There are still several things to complete before I can call this room finished, however. Between the two shelves is going to be a small console desk that still needs to be built. We will also be adding trim to the shelves to give them a built in look. Again, I went the more cost efficient route with those instead of having the builtins I have been coveting since I won't be able to take them with me and I don't really regret it. I think they're gonna look pretty great once we're done with them!

An office chair or a DIY on my current one is also on my list to do. I had a furry white one picked out, but I hated it in this space so I'm giving myself time to decide on an alternative.

I have a bar cart on the wall to the right that is looking pretty sad and empty at the moment and is in desperate need of some styling. And my shelves are still awaiting the perfect pieces to fill in the gaps, but other than those little details there isn't much left to finish



SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...