Image Map

Beauty gadgets I'm loving!

One of my favorite things to try are new beauty gadgets! And I'm doubly excited when the gadgets will shorten my beauty routine or solve an annoying problem (like shaving everyday, yuck!) I recently got a gel lamp and thought it would be a good idea to share what I think of it as well as my favorite beauty gadgets I've found over the past year.


This is the more mature version of the Clarisonic.  The Panasonic Foaming Brush has a warming plate at the bottom that is like a luxurious spa treatment. You can add an oil based makeup remover directly to your skin and use the warming plate to remove makeup. It is a pamper routine dream and truly worth every penny! Then there is the brush side for cleansing that like the Clarisonic also has detachable heads. The one pictured is my favorite. It's incredibly soft, but as soon as they the head starts moving you can see why they are so effective. It does an amazing job getting my skin clean! There is also a silicone brush head for a deeper clean that I use about once a week or when my skin needs a little extra help. This brush is a little different from others of its kind because rather than adding your cleanser directly to the brush head you pour a foaming cleanser into a small compartment at the top that it works its way through to the brush with a little water. It also has a timer that lets you know when to move on to another area of the face. My skin has been so much happier since I switched over to this brush!


I picked this up last fall because I was just so sick of shaving every day. This is a laser device that is ideal for light skin and dark hair and takes some time to notice any change. This shoots a light on the area and has different settings that changes the strength of the laser. The feeling is similar to little pin pricks and the pain will depend on your pain tolerance and the area you are treating. I was able to have it on the highest setting with very little discomfort in most areas. Honestly, after using it for 8 weeks I was ready to throw in the towel and return it. I had the ideal skin and hair color and was expected to see results in 6-8 weeks and up to that point I had seen none. No thinning hair, no missing patches, nothing but a bunch of wasted time. But I decided to give it one more week and holy wow that made all the difference! It wasn't gradual for me. Like I said, I never saw thinning in the growth, but suddenly on the ninth week there were so many areas that had no growth at all! I kept using it and have seen such great results. The key is so use it religiously without fail. It is very time consuming, but so worth it in the end!


I had heard some not so great reviews about this product, but finally decided I needed to try it for myself. This is a toothbrush and tooth whitener all in one device. I for one am awful at making time to whiten my teeth so the idea of being able to whiten while I brush was genius. With this set you get the toothbrush, extra heads, charging base, toothpaste and whitening gel. You add both the toothpaste and whitening gel to the head, put the brush in your mouth and then turn it on! The toothbrush is set to two minutes so it will turn off on its own and you don't have to do a thing. The downsides to this toothbrush is the actual brush itself. It has two vibrating settings which just don't cut it for me. One is way too strong and the other is just strange. It is far from the best clean I've ever had which is why I only use it once a day and use my regular toothbrush as my main brush. The brush head is also larger than most which is a problem for some people, but didn't bother me much. Even though I do only use this once a day I have noticed brighter, whiter teeth without the sensitivity I get from some whitening toothpastes so it's a win in my book!




I am the queen of chipped nails. I wash dishes by hand, I type every day, I pick at stickers and basically do all the things that ruin a perfect manicure within two days. I had switched over to using nude polishes only which helps make chips less noticeable, tried every miracle top coat under the sun, but nothing made my polish last longer. I am not that girl that looks forward to going to get my nails done so I wanted something low maintenance that I could do myself. I picked up the Red Carpet Gel Manicure lamp kit and a few of their polishes and set to work. It is a simple process with a few steps, but my first use didn't go so well. It took me a second try to get the hang of the polish and then I was hooked! My toenail polish lasted 3 weeks looking perfect! I only removed it because of nail growth and the polish on my hands lasted 9 days looking perfect until I started to pick at it because of growth (I'm a picker and can't help it!) Otherwise it would have lasted even longer. I highly recommend this lamp and can't wait to try out other polishes with it!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...