Image Map

Cold & Flu Favorites and Routine

I've been sick for over a week and going crazy over here! What's been getting me through is taking a little time to pamper myself and watching a bunch of scary movies. Yay for October and scary movie season! So I've been lighting my candles and soaking up all the fall I can right now that I have time to enjoy it (complete with pumpkin scented everything and cozy blankets of course!)



Olbas Inhaler I love this inhaler. It clears up nasal congestion with just one sniff! I love minty scents and don't mind smelling like a grandma at all so I enjoy using this year round. There's something so relaxing about mint.

A quality Moisturizer is a must while I'm sick. My skin tends to get dry from blowing my nose so much so I apply this thick moisturizer a few times a day to keep it quenched. It also leaves my skin looking radiant and less like a zombie so I don't terrify the mailman.

Since I'm sitting around watching movies I try to make that time a little productive by pampering my skin with a nice Face Mask. I love this clarifying mud mask that clears out my pores and leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean.




One of the worst parts of getting sick is having to blow your nose. Tissues can wreak havoc on the skin so I always pick up the softest ones I can find. I keep these Kleenex Wallet Packs pretty much everywhere so they are always at arms length. Not only are they super soft and strong, but they also come in the cutest little packs!

Every single time I'm sick I use Musinex Fast Max. Every single time. This stuff kicks butt! It tastes a bit like mouthwash, but works quickly and effectively.

Another area that gets really dry while I have a cold are my lips. My regular lip balm doesn't do enough on its own during this time so I use Blistex Lip Balm. I cannot stand the way it tastes, but it is so effective that I tough it out. I've been using it for years and have yet to find anything that works as well.

I keep this Neutronen Hand Cream on my nightstand and next to the couch and find myself applying it more regularly when I'm sick mostly out of boredom, but also because it's when I pay more attention to my hands and how much better I need to take care of them. This cream is thick, but not greasy and absorbs into the skin quickly.



If you're going to get sick and get stuck in the house all week then fingers crossed that it's during the fall so you can take advantage of burning fall candles! They are so comforting and make a home feel so cozy. I've been burning my favorite Pumpkin Pecan Waffles and Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow Bath and Body Works Candles.

If I'm at home then chances are pretty good that I have a blanket draped over me. Not just when I'm sick, but pretty much always. I'm one of those people who are always cold and I find such comfort in being wrapped up in a warm blanket. Lately my PomPom Blanket has been doing the job, but I am a crazy blanket lady so don't be surprised to see a whole bunch from my collection in the next couple of months as the weather continues to cool down!







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...