Image Map

October Horror Movie Must Watch List

Happy Wednesday friends! We're halfway through the month and almost to Halloween! Can you believe it? As I mentioned before, I spent most of the first half of the month being sick and as a result being a couch potato which only means one thing. Well it means a lot of things, but the most exciting is that I've been getting in as many horror movies as possible. I'm a huge horror movie lover which is just another reason why I love this time of year.

Since I've been able to have so much screen time this fall I decided I should share my own personal Halloween Horror Movie Must Watch list. These are not necessarily the best horror movies out there, but they are my favorites to watch over and over.

But don't forget to also watch The Nightmare Before Christmas. It may not technically be a horror movie, which is why I didn't add it to the list, but I never skip a fall season without watching it once (ok, maybe more like 3-4 times)

So feel free to save my list and have yourself your own Horror movie fest this season and let me know which are your favorites!


The Exorcist is hands down my all time favorite horror movie and the first one I fell in love with. Creepy head turning, disgusting vomit, and horrifying voices, what's not to love? I can watch it a hundred times (and probably have) and still enjoy it as much as the first time.

Insidious | Insidious 2 | Insidious 3 I love this trilogy so much. It's creepy and hits me with a bunch of jump scares. I am not at all a jumpy person so this is saying something. Each one is great so I recommend all 3.

The Shining A classic that I couldn't leave off the list because it's always fun to watch. Redrum. The end.

The Orphanage  This is one a lot of people skip over because it is in Spanish which means the dreaded subtitles. The Orphanage is by Guillermo Del Torro,  the same director of Pans Labyrinth, and is every bit as perfect. This movie is creepy and worth the added effort of subtitles. If you enjoy it you should also check out his other work in The Devil's Backbone which is another fantastic horror flick.

Babadook I had to add this one solely for the fact that it is so memorable. Invite your friends over to watch this and then scare them with Baaaabaaaadoooook voice messages for the next week. You're welcome.

 Ok, it's not real. And it isn't even the most believable, but this movie takes you on such an emotional rollercoaster and can freak out even the toughest of people and deserves a spot on this list and any horror movie marathon.

The Conjuring | The Conjuring 2 These are both also favorites of mine. Vera Farmiga as Lorraine Warren is perfection. This movie is full of scares and creepy moments that keep you on the edge of your seat.


The Sixth Sense while definitely not the scariest on the list it is one of the most entertaining. The Sixth Sense is another creepy one that I can watch over and over and still enjoy.

The Ring Again, I just couldn't leave this off. I skip the sequels and stick to just the first one for scare after scare. If you're into this one then be sure to check out The Grudge too

Shutter I wish this one had better reviews because I for one love it. It's suspenseful and creepy and almost as good as the original Thai version that it was adapted from

The Omen This is the remake of the 1976 version and maintains the dignity of the original while adding a stronger creepy factor that I am all for!


Did any of your favorites make my list? Share below!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...