Image Map

A Cozy Lounge Look and My Favorite Banana Nut Bread Recipe

Happy Thanksgiving week! How many of you will be hosting this year? We're going to my sister's and I'm in charge of dessert. So I've been going through my recipes this week and have a bit of a sweet tooth right now and a bunch of brown bananas on the counter. Never throw out those bananas you forgot to eat and are now brown and gross looking. They are the sweetest in this state and are absolutely perfect for some easy and delicious banana bread. The darker the better! An added bonus is the delicious scent that will spread throughout your home while it bakes. That alone is heavenly! 

Through the years I've tried dozens of recipes, but recently I found one that I love above all the others. It's super simple and only uses a handful of ingredients. One thing that I do differently is that instead of using walnuts I add in crushed up almonds. I just prefer the flavor and texture of them and have found that other people are surprised with how much they enjoy it too. Since I am lactose intolerant I do use a dairy free butter so I can attest to the fact that dairy free butter does work wonderfully in this recipe.  





Sometimes I add in fresh blueberries for just an added burst of flavor and that is always a hit as well. Play around with the recipe and find what you love. Everybody is sure to enjoy this banana bread so make sure you make an extra loaf!






I've been living in cozy clothes all season and baking up a ton. So I thought I'd also share one of my go to looks along with my banana bread recipe. I love a good pair of soft joggers. This pair is so comfy I never want to take them off! And of course, I paired them with one of my favorite front tie thermals that I've shared several times a soft lace bralette! If you come over this season you can probably bet that I will be wearing some variation of this look!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...