Image Map

July New Book Releases Summer books

Happy July friends! I hope you're all surviving this summer heat! If you're in 100 degree heat like me then I hope that you've gotten to escape to the beach to keep from melting! I've had some time to do some reading recently and I have some REALLY good ones to share with you. I honestly have been dying to share these!


Out July 24
Girls Night Out: What my nightmares are made of. Seriously, this book will keep you from ever drinking too much or touching anything that might possible lead to a blackout. What's scarier than waking up on the beach in Mexico with no memory of what happened the night before? Waking up on the beach in Mexico with no memory and NOT BEING ABLE TO LOCATE YOUR BEST FRIEND.

This book by Liz Fenton had me on the edge of my seat the entire way through. I do have a couple of complaints, however. I feel like this book could have been about 100 pages shorter. I feel like there were a lot of repetitive moments and there were a few situations that dragged on without much purpose that could have definitely been cut down. And secondly, holy teenage drama. There are A LOT of immature arguments that were difficult to get through. There's something very irritating about reading page after page of 40 year old women acting like a bunch of 14 year olds. BUT if you can get through those couple of flaws then you are sure to enjoy this whodunnit mystery. It's sure to be one of the best of the summer!



This is the third novel that I've read by B.A Paris and it's sure to not be the last! What I love about Paris is her ability to draw out suspense throughout an entire book without making it frustrating or boring. She did that in Behind Closed Doors, she did that in The Breakdown and she's done it again in Bring Me Back. The story is about a missing woman and the young man who was madly in love with her and jumps between then and the present. It's 12 years later and he has moved on and is now engaged to her sister. Life is going well until events arise that make him believe that his missing girlfriend may be alive and may have returned.

For a while I actually had no idea where this book was headed, which is a good thing. It's refreshing to read a book that isn't predictable, but it also means that I basically can't put the book down and you won't be able to reach me until I finish.

But holy paranoia! Bring Me Back left me not know what to believe at the end of every chapter. I was certain I had figured it out about 12 separate times and I was wrong every time.

Bravo to Paris for such a unique read




She Was the Quiet One -Michelle Campbell 
Out July 31
I was so drawn into this story that I read it in two sittings! Have you ever read a book full of so much drama that you're happy that your life is completely boring and the biggest enemy you have is the girl at Lowes who gives you dirty looks? That's how this book made me feel. But holy amazeballs, it makes for great entertainment.
She Was the Quiet one is centered around a tangled web of secrets and deceit between two recently orphaned teenage twins and a gaggle of students and faculty at their prestigious boarding school. Complete opposites in every sense, Bel and  Rose arrive at their new school unaware of how much their world is about to change. Between navigating through the loss of their mother and finding their place in their new school, a rivalry arises that takes their situation from bad to worse and somehow ends in murder. But of who? And by whom?
This is far from your usual whodunnit mystery. For the majority of the novel the victim isn't revealed so you're left trying to answer not one, but two questions throughout it's entirety. Oh man is that fun! I went through dozens of different scenarios and possibilities before it became clear what had transpired.



Check Out last months reading list HERE
And dont forget to follow me on Goodreads!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...