Image Map

A Dress Fit for a Princess and my Favorite Solvang Spots!

Happy Wednesday Ladies! Have you been taking advantage of all the great sales going on right now? Have you shopped the Nordstrom Early Access yet or are you waiting for general access like me? I love Nordstrom and the yearly sale, but I try to stay away from credit cards with high interest so as tempting as it is I'm having to wait. I actually read a post about the sale by Courtney Kerr that really resonated with me and put into words how I felt about it much better than I could. Heeeeeey girl! The sale will still be there till August 5th so don't go into debt for it!



Anyway, today I'm sharing with you a gorgeous dress that I wore to Solvang for my hunny's birthday celebrations. I ordered this off of Amazon when we decided on the last minute trip since it was Prime Eligible and was basically the only way I was going to arrive on time and let me tell you how impressed I am with the fabric! It has a shorter slip attached so it isn't as see-through as I worried it would be. You will still have to wear nude undergarments, but you can't see them through the lining at all! It looks great buttoned up all the way or how I styled it here with some unbuttoned at the bottom for a cute slit effect. You will surely feel like a princess when the wind sweeps up the ends of the dress if you choose to leave the bottom unbuttoned! Oh and did I mention its under $35? Score!



I paired mine with comfy wedges since we would be doing a lot of walking and finished it with a lightweight nude bag.


Dress | Wedges

Solvang is the cutest little Danish town located on the central California coast between Santa Barbara and Pismo and it is one of my favorite quick trips to take during the summer months when I need to escape the heat. My hunny and I have been coming every summer since we started dating 6 years ago. I thought it would be fun to share my favorite places to eat and a couple of my favorite things to see!

- Solvang -

My Favorite Spots

Eat:
Paula's Pancake House
There is also a huge line for Paula's for breakfast and brunch so if you don't mind the wait then this is definitely one you should try. They have a delicious smoked salmon eggs benedict that I crave all the time and is the main reason I will stand in line for an hour!


Fitspatrick's Tavern
This Irish Tavern is also a great place to grab a drink. The patio area is the perfect relaxing place to breakaway from all the tourists. Located across from the park, it's also a great spot to catch musical entertainment performing in the lawn or stage area. I enjoy the Shepherds Pie and the Dubliner Burger which is amazing. And the service is always fantastic!


Copenhagen Sausage Garden
This place is so fun! It's an outdoor patio area for sausage and beer lovers. Grab a huge mug of European draft beer and a charcuterie board or sausages and hit up the dipping sauce bar for TONS of different flavors.


Solvang Trolley Ice Cream
I had the best Ice Cream I've ever had here. Well, seeing as how I'm lactose intolerant, I just tried it and had a delicious lemonade instead. But that one taste was magical! If they happen to have it the day you visit, try the lemon marionberry. It will change your life!


Mortensens Bakery
I never leave Solvang without a stop at Mortensens. There are so many wonderful pastries to pick from. of course you have to try the danishes, but don't forget to grab a delicious pistachio bar!

To See:


Aside from the typical Solvang tourist areas like the Hans Anderson Museum and wonderful little shops, there are some hidden gems in the area.

Ostrichland
Just down the street is Ostrichland where you and your family can feed and mingle with tons of ostrich friends and emus. This is an unexpected treat that is sure to be fun for all ages. Don't forget to check out the gift shop for unique gifts!

Flower Fields 
There are so many gorgeous flower fields in the area. Stop for some quick family pictures, but dont disturb the flowers! They are on private property so always try to remain respectful.

La Purisima Mission
Less than 15 minutes away is the La Purisima Mission in Lompoc. With history dating back to 1787, this is a must stop especially for history buffs like me. Self guided tours are always welcome for those who are in a rush!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...