Image Map

All about that healthy stuff!

Hey girls! I wanted to share with you today all of the products that I use to make sure I'm getting all the vitamins and minerals that my body needs on a weekly basis. I am lactose intolerant, gluten free, and I try to limit my soy intake so these products fit those rules for the most part. Let me make it clear that I don't use all of these every single day. I switch it up based on my needs and what I've been eating so my needs can vary from day to day and it's not necessary to use ALL of these products every single day.

First let's start with what I like to add to my protein shakes.



Maca Powder
Maca Powder is a wonderful superfood with so many health benefits that I think most men and women should be taking advantage of. It helps boost your immune system, provides energy and stamina, helps increase fertility, balances hormones, improves memory and focus. The one downside to Maca Powder is the smell. I can't stand the smell of it and it is very potent so I can only add small amounts to my protein shakes so that I can't tell it's there.

Cacao Nibs and Powder
I use a combination of Cacao Nibs and Cacao Powder interchangeably depending on what I am making with them. Cacao nibs are full of antioxidants, fiber, flavonoids, magnesium and potassium and can help improve mood and protect your heart. They are the purest form of the cacao bean so the have a strong flavor, but they are great in a protein shake or baking. I use the cacao powder for baking and making waffles, but sometimes add it to my protein shakes as well. Not only is the powder for delicious, but it has the same great benefits as the nibs.

Orgain Protein
Since I am lactose intolerant I stick to plant based proteins and my favorite is Orgain Plant Based Protein Powder in creamy chocolate. I blend it with some ice, water, a banana, small scoop of peanut butter and then add whatever superfoods I feel I need for the day. Usually I reach for a small bit of maca powder and cacao nibs, but sometimes I also add flax seed.


For my morning smoothies I like to add:

Baobab
Baobab is a fruit powder that has been used for centuries to treat a wide variety of ailments from gastrointestinal problems to vitamin C deficiency. Because of the very high content of vitamin C, baobab is wonderful for the skin, but it is also loaded with other vitamins that are also great for your heart and liver. It is also believed to help aid in weight loss because it contains vitamins that encourage your body to turn fat into fuel instead of storing it. It has a pleasant fruity taste so I like to add it to my morning smoothie. My favorite is Baobab Superfruit Powder mostly because I'm in love with the cute container, but also because it's just so darn wonderful.

Superfoods
This is a product that I don't always use because I try to use the raw forms of vegetables, but on days where I feel like I didn't eat as well as I should have then I add a scoop of this Amazing Grass Green Superfoods to my morning smoothie. I buy the original flavor which is a gross looking and kind of smelly powder, but when you mix it with fruits you can't taste it at all. This already has maca and flax in it, but it also includes acai and alfalfa which are great for digestion and metabolism. This is a perfect option for people who are looking to get vitamins in their diet without having to buy too many different products and without the added fuss.

Fish Oil
Most adults don't get enough Omega-3 in their diets which is what you can get from fish oil. Omega-3s are essential for brain function and can help with ailments ranging from arthritis, cancer, depression, anxiety, to fertility problemsand immune system function. I enjoy the Barleans Fish Oil in the flavor mango peach which, contrary to how the name makes it sound, smells or tastes nothing like fish. It simply has a nice sweet and fruity taste that I like to add to my morning smoothie.

Flax
Flax Seed is rich in fiber so this is something that I use almost daily because of my digestion issues. Flax also is rich in Omega-3s so this is another way to get that into your diet. It is also rich in lignans which can reduce the risk of breast cancer. I like to use it for baking and smoothies and I never notice that it's there.There are also tons of great recipes all over Pinterest for ways to add flax seed to your diet and I highly recommend looking them up because this is also one of those products that I feel most people should be adding to their diets.

Chia Seeds
Chia Seeds are one of the greatest superfoods that we have ever been blessed with. They are packed with nutrients and vitamins and are very low in calories.  These tiny little guys are full of fiber, antioxidants, protein, omega-3s, bone nutrients and can help with issues such as diabetes. You can buy them in their natural seed form or a ground powder version.

Moringa
Moringa Powder contains a huge variety of vitamins including calcium, vitamin C, protein, iron, vitamin A, magnesium, and potassium. Another power packed superfood, moringa also helps with a wide variety of diseases and ailments such as blood pressure issues, depression high cholesterol, diabetes, and can help boost stamina.  I also purchase it in a tea version from time to time which is a great alternative way to add this superfood to your daily routine.



Spearmint
I have already sang so many praises to Spearmint Tea in several posts, but that's only because I truly believe in its usefulness. Gone are the days where I treat upset stomachs with Pepto Bismol or Tums. Spearmint has natural nutrients to aid in digestion and settle nausea and I take full advantage by brewing up some tea at the first signs of tummy upset or heart burn. It works wonders and is delicious! Spearmint is also great for relieving respiratory problems, hormone imbalance, circulation, heart health, stress, and cancer. The best part is how yummy it is!

So we finally reached the end of the super long list so thanks for bearing with me! When I started having major digestion issues I really started to pay attention to what my body was telling me it needed so this is years of research and trial and error in finding what works for me and my body. Everybody is different so it is important to experiment for yourself, but I hope I gave you a few ideas and sold you on the importance on a few of these superfoods that can help you improve your health without having to make too much fuss. My life changed when I started being kinder to my body and paying attention to what I put in it so thanks for tuning in to my journey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...