Image Map

New Releases/ July Reading List

I went on vacation a couple times this month so I fell behind on reading a little bit (I went to Vegas which isn't ideal for reading) I did manage to get through several books, however, and am sharing some of those with you today!

 The Breakdown is by the same author of Behind Closed Doors that I raved about a few months ago. This is another thriller that leaves you on the edge of your seat and questioning everything- including the main character's sanity. Though, to me, it wasn't as good as Behind Closed Doors, it is still a wonderful mystery that shows that B.A Paris isn't a one hit wonder. 

Reading with Patrick
Reading with Patrick is one of those stories that will stick with you for a really long time. Telling the story of how the education system and justice system fails poor youth in the south, Michelle Kuo shows how just the smallest encouragement and changes could have made all the difference. Michelle Kuo is what the world needs more of; People who just care without needing anything return. This book takes you on a rollercoaster of emotions ranging from anger to hope. It is a touching story that touches on a place in the map that doesn't get the attention it needs. I took my time writing this review because I couldn't quite organize my thoughts on this book and honestly, I still can't. It hits a nerve and leaves me speechless. My eyes have been opened and Kuo has encouraged me to be a better person. I guarantee that anybody who reads this story will be changed as well. Although the story is quite slow to unravel, every word and every description is absolutely vital in piecing together the story and it's purpose. I definitely recommend especially to anybody in the education field

The Wardrobe Mistress
Out August 15th
Step inside Versailles during the French Revolution and get a taste of what life was like not only for the royals, but for those serving them and those outside the castle walls outside in this wonderfully written work of historical fiction. Giselle Aubry has the rare opportunity to be able to be on both sides of the fight and struggles with her loyalty to her queen and that of her family and friends. I felt Giselle grow before my eyes through her actions and experiences in a time of complete unrest. While this book is fiction, Meghan Masterson did a wonderful job researching and staying true to factual events and creating a beautiful and believable story that was never short on excitement and intrigue. I enjoyed this story immensely. 

Out September 12th
This story centers around the Seattle Worlds Fair and all the life that Ernest lived between the first in 1909 and that of 1962. Ernest Young was born into poverty in China. Half Chinese and half white, he never really fit in anywhere in the harsh times of the early 1900s. Through a series of events he came to be in a very unique situation at the very first Worlds Fair that would pave the way for his entire life. It is during this time that he meets the love of his life and we hear about the troubles they, along with a very close friend, faced and how a series of decisions so easily changed the course of their lives.
Out August 22nd
A horrific crime is the center of this thriller full of romance and intrigue. When a respected college professor is murdered in his home in a brutal way, young Miranda Radar of the Harmony, Louisiana PD has no idea that her past is about to be exposed and her world is about to be turned upside down. Could events from nearly 15 years earlier be connected to the crime? Miranda has to find out the answer whether she likes it or not.
Shop these books here:


SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

Add me on Goodreads! my read shelf:
Daisy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

Check out my picks from last month here
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...