Image Map

Beauty Products I've Been Loving All Summer

Summertime is all about healthy skin and hair for me. I tend to wear less makeup and go for a more natural look. So usually don't have very many makeup favorites, but I do discover some great basics! Lets jump right in!


Loreal Blender SpongeOPI Cuticle OilGarnier Texture Tease  | Stila Liquid Lipstick Baci

I love trying foundation blending sponges and comparing them to everybody's favorite Beauty Blender. I feel like the quality of the Beauty Blender has gone way downhill so I'm glad to have other options that don't cost as much. For years I was loving the Real Techniques sponge which I found to be one of the best affordable sponges, but when the Loreal sponge came on the market and everybody was raving about it I knew I had to give it a try.
This sponge leaves my makeup looking so natural without picking up as much product as the Beauty Blender. It is a bit softer, but it's holding up better than my recent Beauty Blenders have been so I'm definitely impressed!

OPI Cuticle Oil
This stuff smells heavenly! And it leaves my cuticles soft and moisturized. Simple and effective!

Garnier Texture Tease
I have a love/ hate relationship with this product, but I keep going back to it so I figured it was worth it to include it. This stuff gives my hair SO much volume. Because my hair is so healthy and slick, it doesn't hold curls or keep volume very well unless I load a ton of product in it. However, I can spray a small amount of this texturizer and have big gorgeous hair for hours. So why do I hate it? Well for starters it is so hard to find. Around me I can only find it at Walgreens. So if you are interested go to the store locator on their site to see where you can find it near you.
This product does horribly if sprayed near my roots. I don't know if it's because my scalp is so oily (I have to shampoo daily) or if this happens to everyone, but if I spray it near my roots it turns into a gunky mess within a few hours. So I have limited this product to my ends only.
This texturizer is also not as fine as other similar products. If you spray it too close to your hair you will be able to see the little particles, so be sure to spray several inches away.

Stila Liquid Lip in Baci
I've mentioned many times how much I love the Stila Liquid Lipsticks because of their rich colors and staying power, but this summer I've been in love with the shade Baci. It is a mauve tinted nude that I have been reaching for all summer during the daytime and can already see myself using it all autumn long as well.



Sally Hansen Gel Top Coat | Laneige Sleeping Mask | Finesse Conditioner | Mally Volumizing Mascara


Sally Hansen Gel Top Coat
This topcoat is tricky. I found the consistency to be quite thick and gloopy. Plus the brush tip is very large which made applying a thin layer quite difficult. Once I did finally get the hang of it, I found that the paint was opaque in 2-3 coats and was a very pretty color. I used a super pretty nude color from their range called Birthday Suit. The drying time was average, but this nail color stayed on my nails for a whole week before they started to chip. This is AMAZING for me. I wash dishes by hands, type everyday and love to pick at stickers so my nails typically chip in 2-3 days with the average polish. If you can get the hang of the strange consistency and large brush then you would really enjoy it!

Laneige Sleeping Mask
This is a completely clear mask that you apply to your face before bed and wash off in the morning. It  is light and not noticeable on your face at all. It doesn't leave a mess on your pillow like other overnight masks, but leaves your skin feeling so moisturized and soft when you wash it off. I love this stuff for bringing my skin back to life and leaving it nice and supple.

Finesse Conditioner
I'd had a bottle of this stuff sitting in my bathroom unused for about a year. It was sent to me, but didn't call my attention so I kept trying other things. It wasn't until I was out of my favorite conditioner that I pulled it out and gave it a shot. Finesse isn't a brand I hear too much about and now I'm wondering why because it was AMAZING. My hair has never been so soft after just a few uses of any product. It does leave my hair straighter than usual, which is a shame since I quite like my natural wave, but it looks so healthy that I don't mind in the least. I'm definitely repurchasing the conditioner.

Mally Mascara
This is a beautiful natural looking volumizing mascara that doesn't clump or give you spider lashes. My lashes normally stick straight out, but this mascara helps keep a curl.

SaveSave
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...