Image Map

Las Vegas. The Hotel & More!

I'm finally getting around to my post all about our trip to Las Vegas. We went for my sister's birthday and had been planning it for months, but all that planning was no match for my migraines. Every summer I go through a couple of weeks where I get a migraine every single day and lucky me they cut into my time in Vegas.

The one redeeming factor was the fact that I LOVE spending time in hotels. So while most people would have been bummed to be stuck in their room while everybody else was in the pool, I actually really enjoyed it and got to make the most of all the amenities. I took a long luxurious bath while I watched a movie, curled up in their amazing robes, sat in front of the window and enjoyed the view. I enjoyed the heck out of the room.


We got a suite at the Palazzo which is the sister hotel to The Venetian. It is beautiful! Especially the bathroom that had a giant tub, tv, and a nice little makeup table that I definitely think more hotel rooms need. The room had an adjoining living room area complete with a dining table for 4, desk and a gorgeous view of the Linq High Roller. And like I said before, I really got to enjoy the room since I wasn't feeling well so the bed and comfy robe were my best friends during our stay.



Over the years I've had the chance to stay at a lot of the different hotels on the Las Vegas strip and I definitely have to rate the Palazzo as top 3.


One of the things we did during our stay was The Basement Escape Room. I was skeptical about the whole escape room trend going on right now, especially since we had such a large group of about 10 people. You guys, this was SO much fun! If you've never heard of an escape room let me give you a quick run down. Basically you are placed in a room with your group and given a scenario in which you have to find clues around that room that will help you escape in your 1 hour time frame. Clues can be anything from words on the wall to numbers in a book. It is a bit creepy and there are some pretty scary actors so be warned! I do feel that 10 people is way too many for it to really work smoothly, but I think it would be a great experience with 5-6. Needless to say, we weren't able to escape in time, but we had a lot of fun and got so darn close.




 I have a quick list of few basic tips for successfully completing an escape room that I wish I had known before entering.
  • Assign somebody as the leader. This person is in charge of keeping track of the clues and which have been used and which haven't.
  • Always share the clues you find with EVERYBODY in the group. Since we had so many people it was hard to know when somebody had found a new clue so often we were searching around blindly while somebody else had a clue that would have really helped a different person 
  • Pay attention to the actors. They don't say much, but when they do it is important information. Stop what you are doing and LISTEN
  • Don't over think it. The clues are simple and don't actually require much thought
I highly recommend the Basement Escape Room. Their rates are around $50 for your 1 hour attempt and although it sounds a little bit steep I think it is definitely worth it. This is not the type of experience you get very often

Since I did have migraines nearly the entire time I was there I didn't really get to enjoy the food. I am so bummed about that. I love visiting the buffets at all the different hotels and the one I was looking forward to the most this time was the buffet at the Bellagio. It's one I had never tried and my hunny had raved about all year. I felt so nauseous while we were there that I just sat at the table with a peppermint tea. What a bummer! And what an expensive tea! hehe. But at least I have that to look forward to for next time!
SaveSave
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...