Image Map

Powering through a major lifestyle change

It's been a long road and many, MANY years of struggles to get to this point, but I finally have some answers and I'm finally feeling GREAT!

For as long as I can remember I have struggled with a weak immune system and fatigue, but as I got older the list of symptoms I was experiencing was getting bigger and bigger. I dealt with joint issues, depression, colds, migraines, the list goes on and on. I've always been a healthy eater, exercised regularly and had no medical reasons that would explain away all my seemingly unrelated ailments. It wasn't until a couple of months ago, after a lot of research and an extensive elimination diet that I finally found out that my issues were related to gluten. Yep, I am now one of those people.




I'm ashamed to say that I had always brushed the diagnosis of gluten intolerance off. Maybe it's because it has become somewhat of a fad that the seriousness of it lost all affect on me. It seems that these days everybody claims that they are intolerant to gluten and I always just assumed that doctors were being too quick to diagnose. And maybe that is true in most cases. Or maybe it was because I had read the basic symptoms associated with gluten intolerance and found them to be way too vague to be a serious issue. Symptoms like bloating and diarrhea were the least of my concerns. I didn't know how extensive the list of symptoms related to a gluten intolerance were and I definitely never imagined that EVERYTHING I was experience could be related to something I was eating. That reality blew my mind.

It took a bit of trial and error in figuring it out, but gluten has definitely been the culprit of basically every issue that I was facing. Who knew food could do that much harm to my body and cause such a wide array of problems? I had already cut out dairy and soy a couple of years earlier, so I now have an even more strict and frustrating diet. So that's where I am now, at the start of more extensive label reading, limited restaurant options, and deleting any delicious food accounts from my Instagram. Waaaaaaaa.

 It's been tough, but I am starting to get the hang of it and decided to bring you along on my journey. I'll be sharing my tips, favorite new products, and a more detailed account of all the improvements I've seen since I made the leap. I wanted to quickly share some products with you that have made the switch a little bit easier. I've also been trying to focus on adding a lot of fiber since a lot of gluten free products are definitely lacking in that department so stay tuned for that.

Everything listed is dairy free, soy free and gluten free. Click images to shop



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...