Image Map

Summer Beach Stay in Cambria

Oh my gosh what a wonderful and relaxing time we had in Cambria! It was a spur of the moment decision to take a little trip to the coast after a very stressful month of work. I needed to peace and relaxation and immediately knew where I wanted stay. For years I would pass by a cute little town off Highway 1 on the way to Hearst Castle and I always told myself that one day we would plan a stay there, but time passed and there were always other places I wanted to go so it kept getting put off. Finally we decided to do it!

The town of Cambria is on the central coast of California where it is usually overcast, and exactly my kind of beach. It has the cutest look and the friendliest residents and I am so glad that that is where we decided to go. We escaped the world, work, and our phones and enjoyed time doing simple things we usually never make time for. We collected sea glass, rocks, and driftwood and just sat and enjoyed time from our hotel patio, it was magical!
           We stayed at the Pelican Inn & Suites which was wonderful! We booked the room with a patio view of the beach and it will now be the room we book every stay. The doors opened up to a small patio with two chairs and a table and the most beautiful succulent garden. We sat for hours on the patio just listening to the sound of the waves.



One of the highlights of the trip was an amazing little health food market called Soto's True Earth Market that had the most delicious offerings in the deli in the back. I feel like the word sandwich doesn't do justice for how good these little slices of heaven were. I got the chicken curry chicken salad sandwich and it was heavenly. I highly recommend it.




We stopped at Elephant Seal Beach down the road where hundreds of Elephant Seals waddle out of the water and lay out on the beach. It was wonderful to watch. If you're ever in the area you definitely need to make a quick stop here


Directly across from the hotel was the Moonstone Beach boardwalk with the most gorgeous views of the beach and littered with wildflowers and plant life all along the way. We even ran into several wild rabbits running in and out of bushes and shrubs. It's a relaxing way to enjoy the beach in the evening without having to step onto the cold sand





Our patio view 



Close to our hotel is Hearst Castle and although we didn't stop there on this visit we did actually take a tour last October. It is one of my favorite places to stop along the coast. You can pick one of several different tours to view the many rooms, pools and guest homes of William Randolph Hearst. It's a beautiful example of the decadence of the 20's and 30's. I highly recommend taking the tour of his office and private rooms.

I'm already itching for another trip back to Cambria soon and have a few more stops I'd like to make next time that we didn't get to on this trip so keep an eye out for more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...