Image Map

My New Release January Book Picks

Happy 2019 friends! How are your New Years resolutions coming along? If any of you added "read more" to your list of resolutions this year then this post is definitely for you! I've been back to reading up a storm and I'm sharing with you my favorite new releases of January 2019! If these four books are any indication of what the new books released this year are going to be like then I am going to spend my whole year with my nose stuck between pages. I read most of these within two days so you know they're good!
The Only woman in the Room
Marie Benedict 
For all my historical fiction lovers and lovers of one of my favorites from last year, Carnegie’s Maid, comes Marie Benedict’s new book, The Only Woman in the Room. This fictional story follows the life of the ever so fascinating Hedy Lamar through the early days of the rise of Nazis to her days in Hollywood. Hedy Lamar was truly a woman way ahead of her time and doesn’t get enough credit for her brilliance, until now. Benedict did yet another fabulous job creating a story that fit into some of Hedy’s greatest accomplishments and most disappointing failures. Hedy was brought to life with all her spunk and intellect, but was humanized in the most relatable way with naivety and ignorance. The Austrian dinner parties of the late 30’s and all of the familiar names in attendance are brought to life beautifully and were some of the highlights of this story. I was engrossed in this book in it’s entirety and can’t recommend it enough to any lover of historical fiction or books with intelligent female protagonists. 

An Anonymous Girl
Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen
Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen have done it again with the twisty and unpredictable plot of An Anonymous Girl. It’s everything you want a suspense thriller to be with an added hint of psychotic. Morality, truth and lies become a jumbled mess that you’ll rummage and sift through till the very end as you try to fit the pieces together.This unique story about Jess, a young makeup artist, is a must read! 

The Girl in the Corner
Amanda Prowse
Pull out all the tissues for this one girls. I was glued to this book and read it almost in one sitting mostly because it really was striking a nerve with me. I have never wanted to reach out and shake some sense into a somebody in a book more than I have with the main character, Rae. The Girl in the Corner is a story that could happen to anyone which is why it had such an impact on me. Amanda Prowse is a wiz at creating real life situations and filling them with so much emotion and drama. Pick this one up if you're up for a good cry!

The Red Address Book
Sofia Lundberg
The Red Address Book is a walk through memory lane of the life of 96 year old Doris. Doris lives alone in Stockholm and spends her days in near isolation except for her Skype calls to her niece in the US, but she's got so many stories to tell. She has spent her whole life writing names in her red address book and crossing names out upon their death. Now, as most names are crossed out, she revisits these very important figures in her life and how they fit in to her own story. From Sweden, to Paris in the 30's, to New York upon WWII, this story takes you on quite an adventure. 



Check out my last book picks post
and be sure to follow me on Goodreads to see what I'm reading next!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...