Image Map

February Reading List

Happy Friday Ladies! I decided to keep doing my monthly book reading lists, but I don't have a set number on how many I will share every month. It could range from just one to four, but they are guaranteed to only be books that I feel are worth sharing. If a book doesn't get me interested enough to keep reading it by a certain point then I'm not going to force myself to finish it anymore. If you read my post from yesterday then you know that I am staying away from setting a specific number on how many books I am trying to read this year. I will only read and share what I feel really merits my time and attention.

So let's jump straight into my picks for this month!

A soap opera of the Gilded Age, The English Wife tells the story of Annabelle and Bayard Vanyvil in New York. After a quick romance in London Bay comes home to New York with a mysterious new bride to present to his family and New York high society. Things begin to unravel and end in a murder with so many twists and turns that it's hard to tell where the truth ends and lies begin. Lauren Willig wrote a wonderful story that keeps you turning page after page and scratching your head after every new revelation. She also does a wonderful job creating a visual of the beauty and opulence that the wealthy enjoyed during this time period. It's a wonderful story full of romance, mystery and plenty of unsolicited gossip!


Holy twists and turn Batman! The Wife Between Us is a wild rollercoaster of emotions. Think you feel anger? Pity? Compassion? Think again. You’ll be left not knowing how to feel. Who are the victims? Is anyone innocent? Truth and lies become so blended in this novel by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen and you are left on the edge of your seat. So many questions and the need to know the answers resulted in flying through this book in one day.

When Vanessa finds out that the woman her husband left her for is now engaged to him her world comes crashing down. Her one concern becomes stopping the wedding. She cannot marry him. She will not let that happen. She’s in a downward spiral after he left her with nothing. Seeming to have the same mental issues as her mother and drinking too much to boot, things are not looking good for this poor desperate woman. But something just doesn’t seem right. There’s a tiny voice in the back of yourmind starting to connect the dots and just when you think you have it figured out there’s another twist.


An absolute page turner and a wonderful mystery, I highly recommend this one, but be prepared to cancel all the plans you had that day because you will not be able to put it down!

A look at what really goes on inside the homes of one suburban neighborhood. This book tells the story of a seemingly quiet street that is everything but peaceful. Full of drama, betrayal, and just a hint of mystery, The Family Next Door leaves you with a feeling of "something isn't quite right" when a new woman moves in. The story that unfolds is highly entertaining and completely unexpected.


  


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...