Image Map

Summer Gluten & Dairy Free Favorites


So you’re wondering about the update on how my diet change is going are ya? I’m going to be completely honest, but it depends when you ask me. Ha! Ask me on a weekend and I will tell you that I am struggling big time, but ask me on a weekday and I’ll tell you it’s going really well. And if you asked me last week I would have told you I was a complete failure and I felt awful. It happens. Sometimes you slip up but you just have to dust yourself (and your uncomfy tummy) off and start over.




It can be really HARD when you are surrounded by your friends and family who are enjoying foods that you love enjoy. It takes so much willpower to say “no” and put your health first. And sometimes you will fail. And that’s ok. 




I definitely was feeling the effects of failing last week. Over the weekend I had let myself eat things that I knew I shouldn’t have, but I was weak and I gave in. Still today my body hasn’t fully recovered. A relapse like that doesn’t just go away over night and can really wreak havoc on your body. Hopefully the memory helps me be a little bit stronger next time temptation sets in.

I did end up discovering some great products that are making it a little bit easier to stay on track though. A couple of them are SO good I almost think that they are better than the real thing. And I’m not just saying that. 




Smart Balance Peanut Butter
I actually have been purchasing this peanut butter since before I started my gluten free journey because of the nutrition facts. Not only is it gluten free and vegan as well as free of trans fats, but it is super rich in Omega 3's and doesn't have added refined sugars. I hate most peanut butters on the market because of their overly fake sweetness, but this one tastes of pure delicious roasted peanuts and doesn't leave me feeling guilty.

Jalapeño Casava Chips
These Yucca chips ARE AMAZING. I got the jalapeño flavor and after one bite I had already deemed them better than regular potato chips. They have that crunch like a baked chip, but are gluten free and have less carbs. I’m ready to order a whole case of these. I wish I were kidding.

Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Tortilla Chips
I had previously tried the sweet potato chips from Food Should Taste Good and I really enjoyed them so I picked up this flavor recently on a road trip because it was the only one available from this brand at the gas station. The texture was wonderful and very similar to a regular tortilla chip, but with extra goodness and bits. The flavor is outstanding and wonderful on its own.


Milton's Baked Everything Crackers 
My boyfriend isn't gluten free and he is hooked on these. Thats how good they are! They are somewhere between a cracker and a chip and go with everything. They are very similar to the Food Should Taste Good Tortilla Chips. I eat them with tuna, hummus, guacamole or on their own. They are so delicious!
Terra Beet Chips
Beet chips are my thing! I am seriously obsessed. Don't judge them before you try them. A mix of salty and sweet, they are so delicious and satisfying. My favorite brand is local, but I really enjoy the Terra brand as well.

I have TWO jerkies that I've been loving. Score! I wasn't sure I would find even ONE!

Perky Jerky
Moist and delicious, this jerky instantly won my heart. I am always on the hunt for jerky that isn't overly dry and it is ridiculous how much of a struggle that is. I don't want to play tug-of-war with my food!
Lorissa's Kitchen Sweet Chili Pork
Like the Perky Jerky the Lorissa's Kitchen Jerky is very moist and flavorful. There are several different flavors and I enjoyed them all except the chicken flavor. These are perfect for road trips this summer!

Amazing Grass Protein Superfood
USDA Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Grain-Free, and 20g of protein with 2 full servings of fruits and veggies per serving. The list of goodness to the protein powder is astounding. The chocolate peanut butter flavor is so delicious and filling and is a sweet treat that I always look forward to. No more guilty dessert cravings! I think this would also be great for baking and other recipes if shakes just aren't your thing. 

Shop everything here
:



I also have some product fails to share soon! Boy oh boy get ready for that one! Some products just did not hit the mark and I’m not shy about telling you about them!

If you want to see my previous post and other gluten, soy and dairy free products I’m loving then check it out here!
SaveSave
SaveSave
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...